Manpower Engineering seeking aMechanical Project Engineer for our client in the Owensboro, KY area. Will plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements and provide troubleshooting and engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the business unit. Direct hire positions. Nice relo package. Overview of job duties:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing capital projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, and oversee quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely field engineering technical support, communication and advice to plant managers and operating personnel concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or as part of process improvement tasks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders in timely and clear fashion.
- Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations. Keep abreast of current policies and procedures. Ensure outside vendors/ contractors comply with the same.
- Investigate, develop and provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as required.
- Mechanical engineering degree, or degree in related engineering field, required.
- Minimum 3 years of related industrial experience, including planning, specification, and implementation of engineering projects, preferably in a casting area.
- Technical and process management skills are needed in this position, with potential ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as encountered.
- Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role's accountabilities.
- Ability to exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
- Experience in the aluminum industry strongly preferred.