Job SummaryThe Senior Business Analyst is the liaison between the business and the Technology team, working closely with our business partners to identify and determine how technology can be used to best support and enhance their day-to-day processes. The Senior Business Analyst creates clear, understandable recommendations and solutions that engineers and the Technology team can use to create systems and tools to meet the needs of their clients.?This team member creates recommendations and functional specifications and also tests changes. ?Responsibilities
- Associate or bachelor?s degree, mortgage lending work experience or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of IT or mortgage work experience or the equivalent, with an understanding of the specific area of mortgage lending or use of a specific application
- Understanding of the business as well as the partner team?s goals and vision
- Ability to identify and analyze business problems, find opportunities and offer solutions?
- Ability to clearly articulate and effectively write business requirements
- Ability to understand and use XML and/or JSON
- Ability to document simple (non-complex) processes related to this team member?s primary responsibilities through the use of technical flow charts?
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and balance multiple responsibilities while maintaining system integrity
- Demonstrated passion for learning about our business and technology
Who We AreWe're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."DisclaimerThis is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
- Work with specific teams within the business to determine their technology needs
- Work with a variety of partners, such as business consultants, business team members, engineers and quality assurance specialists, to deliver quality technology solutions
- Work inside one primary application and also with other supporting applications
- Write use cases or specifications for changes?
- Define test conditions?
- Develop accurate and complete test plans
- Test implemented changes for bugs and accuracy to the business requirements
- Provide communication to business partners about when new features will be available
- Analyze how the request impacts other systems and business processes ?