Job Number: 234347Sr. Systems Engineer (Wireless Telecom)Softworld's client is looking to add a Sr. System Engineer who will bridge the gap between the hardware/firmware teams and the software teams.
- The ideal candidate has an electrical engineer degree with 8 or more years' experience or equivalent experience with wireless systems and communication technologies, primarily cellular networks, TCP a d UDP communications, and network protocol debugging experience. The candidate will also need hardware experience at the system level, and an understanding of firmware and software development with respect to cellular and backend communications.
- This position is a senior resource for the Hardware Electronics group, and will play a key role in supporting and maintaining our next generation of IoT/Cloud based/Cyber secure electronic products.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate advanced knowledge of the individual cellular protocols, cellular network signaling, data session management, and backend analysis skills with TCP and UPD communications.
- This individual will responsible for investigating and troubleshooting/resolving end to end data communication issues, and determining the root cause of the failures, and work in conjunction with the hardware and software development teams to resolve these issues and confirm performance improvements.
- An electrical engineering degree with at least 8 years' experience with wireless system engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with data analysis such as scripting languages, Excel, and other data analysis tools
- Experience Testing and Troubleshooting integrated systems including network communications and Internet based software.
- Knowledge of firmware design, development and implementation of both firmware and software
- Currently remote but will be onsite eventually