With minimal guidance, and in accordance with HBI project methodology, provides leadership that promotes and supports the development, implementation and completion of small to medium size projects. These projects are typically characterized as having low to medium visibility and risk, involve one or more business lines and impact one or more software applications. Works with business unit manager(s) and project sponsor to establish the project scope, deliverables, budget and schedule. According to the direction of their manager, supports the IT team's assigned business segment goals by providing project management services. Assembles project team and manages the project on an on-going basis to identify risks, implement changes, monitor and communicate progress. Ensure team members are managed effectively and kept informed of all related issues. Ensures project deliverables meet customer needs.The Sr. Project Manager - Lead will be responsible for managing high priority projects a/or strategic programs for the Technology & Shared Services VMO. As part of the VMO/PMO group this resource will oversee multiple projects with limited supervision, interface with all areas affected by the project including project/business stakeholders, vendors, and system support teams. Work with team to segment program/project objectives into manageable work efforts and collaborate with program/project stakeholders and program/project team members to ensure projects are documented, prioritized and executed to address program/project requirements. Set milestones and effectively coordinate activities of team to deliver on objectives. Develop and lead the delivery of the critical programs/projects in portfolio. Detailed Description:
- Provide leadership in managing multiple and/or large scale high-risk projects.
- Manages the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned projects including:
- project objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, and stakeholder engagements
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget and that IT governance is followed.
- Works with business segment manager(s) and program/project sponsors to establish the project scope, deliverables, budget and schedule.
- Communicate with Executive Management and other project stakeholders regarding project status
- Focus on meeting customer needs and satisfaction by managing commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, and management, including senior leaders and executives