Description SAIC is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in support of work taking place for the US Army at the Human Resources Command (HRC) in Fort Knox, KY.Responsibilities:
- Providing comprehensive Linux administration in an enterprise environment.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Linux architecture.
- Perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed.
- Implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience administering Linux in an Enterprise environment
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable
- Strong understanding of Satellite & RHEL patching
- Experienced in scripting skills: Perl, Python, Korn/Bash, etc.
- EMC Networker, Avamar, DPA experience a huge pluse
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Certification Requirement: Security+ prior to start date.
- Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain and possess an Active DoD Secret security clearance, an interim clearance is acceptable to start. SAIC will assist with the processing of an interim clearance for the qualified candidate.