Job Description Progress 4GL Senior Consultant
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with Development and implementation on applications using Progress 4GL and OpenEdge.
- Working on Progress versions 9.1x, OpenEdge 10.x to 11.6 (CHUI) on Linux and Unix Operating systems.
- Performing Progress/OpenEdge database administration and configuring application and web speed servers.
- Resolving application performance issues using Progress tools including Debugger, Promon, and Profiler; scripting using UNIX and LINUX commands, in depth Knowledge of UNIX operating system.
- Working with GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins tools to build and deploy code deployment to production environments.
- Experience with Application Development using object oriented Lifecycle and Application Frameworks.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, Office.
- Experience with quality control and root-cause analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Solid experience in design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Familiar with automation tools Autosys/ Control-M
- Experience with SVN Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA).
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversified multi-location team.