Description Job Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers' needs.Key Capabilities:
Leidos has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work independently with minimal supervision providing systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Paducah site as well as the DOE site office. Must Be Willing To Work Onsite in PaducahThe ideal candidate will:
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Basic Qualifications Must have ability to obtain a DOE Q security clearance (Requiring ship) Must be able to relocate to Paducah, KentuckyGenerally requires a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university with emphasis in computer science AND two years directly applicable experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities OR minimum of seven years equivalent experience with four or more of the technical categories listed below.
- Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems.
- Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with primary emphasis on server-related issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- VMware View, vCenter 6.5, vSphere 6.5
- Veeam Backup & Replication, Disaster recovery/contingency planning
- Nutanix, SAN storage systems,
- Microsoft Server Operating System (OS) (Server 2012 r2, Server 2016, Server 2019)
- DFS Namespace and Replication, Print services, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing
- Exchange, Skype for Business Server, SharePoint 2016, Office 365
- Microsoft System Center, Patch management, OS deployments
- PRTG or WhatsUpGold monitoring solutions
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Other ClearanceTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range:Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
- MCP, MCSE, VMware VCP preferred.
- Preferred candidates will have 3 years of related experience