About the RoleUber Direct is a new product offered by Uber. It allows any type of merchant, from a local flower shop up through large enterprises like Apple and McDonald's, to offer their customers instant delivery. For example, if you were to order a Big Mac for delivery on the McDonald's app, McDonald's would then hit the Uber Direct APIs telling Uber about the delivery.Like Uber Eats, Direct began as a small offering and has the potential to scale rapidly. By joining the team now, you'll get to be a part of that growth!What You Will Do
- Define and execute on an ambitious product roadmap
- Lay out the technical vision for your area
- Develop and lead through the senior engineers on the team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Operations, Design, and other partners
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Backend development experience
- A track record of delivering results in fast-paced and highly ambiguous environments.
- Be able to work cross-functionally with many other roles and partners within the company.
- Full-stack development experience