Location: SeaTac, WA Description: Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer III for a 6+ month contract position in Kent, WA. Work is expected to begin remotely with onsite work at a later date. Responsibilities:
- Create and modify CAD models for structures and mechanisms in Creo Parametric 6.0 using top-down design methods
- Create CAD models of design alternatives including metallic and composite materials
- Create Interface Control Models and Interface Control Drawings
- Split conceptual structural models up into components and joints
- Create models and drawings of components, joints, and assemblies
- Deliver geometry suitable for creating Finite Element Models
- Incorporate drafting standards and standard drawing notes based on company, program, and industry standards.
- Perform model and drawing check activities during release reviews
- 3 years of experience with automotive, aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle structures.
- Experience with top down design methods.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using Creo Parametric / ProE software and Windchill.
- Proficient in standard fits, tolerance stacks, and GD&T analysis (ASME Y14.5).
- Strong experience in drawing generation, checking, and release processes.
- or national, U.S. permanent resident (current ), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience selecting standard hardware (fasteners, bushings, washers, pins, etc)
- Experienced with creating drawings of composite primary structures for aerospace.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team responsible for selecting materials, manufacturing processes, and developing the design to produce world-class engineered products.