DescriptionJob Description: SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama. The selected candidate will be tasked as a member of the Joint Environment Driver for Interoperability (JEDI) development team. This position will involve evaluations of software related products through all phases of software development life cycle, including software specifications, design, coding, and unit testing. Responsibilities:
- Interact with team members on tasks related to the development of software tools for both in-house as well as customer specific programs.
- Develop, code and test application updates/enhancements to ensure mission critical requirements are met.
- Develop test procedures and test cases to ensure that code updates/enhancements meet customer requirements.
- Document code updates/enhancements in tracking systems to ensure proper documentation controls are met.
- Attend meetings with team members and management to ensure proper communications regarding objectives are understood and tracked.
- This position requires a solid background in coding, compiling and executing C/C and Ada.
- Knowledge of Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols is required.
- Ability to conduct assessment of algorithms, testing architecture threads and general source code assessments (including writing unit tests) for identifying dangling pointers, buffer overflows, and infinite loops and race conditions.
- Proficiency with Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, socket, Broadcast, Unicast, and Multicast Addressing.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity or experience on the THAAD Program, especially BSITE model integration.
- Previous software development experience with C/C and Ada.
- Familiarity with QT is desired.
- Familiarity with EPIC processes is desired.