The goal of the fulfillment team is to provide a unified platform for all business verticals at Uber to develop their trip fulfillment flow and seamlessly integrate pricing, matching, dynamics and other marketplace capabilities into their product. At its core, the Fulfillment team is responsible for orchestrating and maintaining real-time state of all ongoing trips for Uber. We directly support Uber Rides, Uber Eats, Uber Freight, and many more experimental products. This team is part of the Marketplace Org which is the real-time decision-making and systems behind Uber (ex: matching riders/drivers, pricing, fulfilment). Transportation Platform is a sub domain of the Fulfillment team focusing on integrating transport providers into the Uber marketplace. When a user or eater requests their ride, these systems interact with matching, dispatching, maps stack to ensure that an order gets fulfilled. We develop systems that can recover from business failures, monitor conformance, develop complex user state machine flows to unlock new product lines in the company. In the next 1 year, this team will be innovating in the areas of development of rental product lines, re-envisioning multi modal shopping and trip flow experience that connect multiple marketplaces (e.g., order pickup food while on trip to another destination, get a ride that combines train + uber). Another focus for us is to enable third party drivers on to our platform to make Uber a true platform as a service.What You'll Do
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder to build complex end to end features
- Identify common patterns and improve platform
- Mentor other engineers on best practices
- Ensure system realiabillity across all critical system
- 4+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- 4+ years of experience in systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java or Golang
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.