Apex Systems is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer for a client local to Elizabeth City, NC. This is a role supporting a government client contract and thus the candidate must be Public Trust eligible. If interested, please send resume directly to Role: Jr Systems Engineer Type: Long-term contract (2+ years estimated) Location: Elizabeth City, NC, on-site. Pay: $25/hour +Job Overview:
- Experience: 1 to 2+ years of software engineering, including the design, coding, testing, and documentation of computer programs.
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+ (within first 60 days)
- Clearance: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security.
- Performs in all phases of systems development and implementation, with special emphasis on study and analysis, and testing and acceptance phases.
- Performs evaluation of current IT operations in order to determine multi-year projections for personnel, hardware, and software.
- Participates in hardware/software evaluations. Supports systems analysts, as well as Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been properly identified and that the solution shall satisfy the customer's requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in IT specialties not covered by other specialists.
- Systems analysis in a specialized IT area(s), e.g. telecommunications, operating systems software, software/hardware integration, software validation, and verification preferred.
- Capable of defining all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP