Description Job Description:Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for aa Application Systems Engineer to directly with Network and System Engineers, Developers, Scrum Masters and TDOs in a SAFe Agile DevSecOps platform to provide expertise and administration for various enterprise applications, including installation, upgrades/patches, configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, and security of new and existing applicationsPrimary Responsibilities
- Contributes in the planning, design, implementation, patching, and upgrading of enterprise systems.
- Defines, implements and maintains best practices for applications in the customer enterprise.
- Creates, applies, and oversees application policies and procedures to ensure high security, availability, and recovery.
- Independently coordinates and resolves escalated system and application issues of enterprise applications.
- Monitors applications and systems to identify and resolve issues impacting performance and security.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and recommends performance improvements, future enhancements, and alternative solutions.
- Works with internal customers of applications for implementation, problem resolution, and upgrades.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting to users and management on the status of technical implementations and resolutions.
- Performs and/or assists with user account creation and administration, recommendation and assignment of security roles and groups, and general administration of user accounts within the compliance of Information Technology standards.
- Creates, implements, and documents automated processes and jobs.
- Creates, assesses, and maintains system documentation including architecture, processes, data flow, security, etc.
- Provides recommendations for application software technology, existing and new.
- Provides technical resources for infrastructure, database, and application development teams.
- Experience with and knowledge of web services, security layers, cloud and on-premise application administration, backup administration, disaster recovery, and HA.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, cloud-based solutions, networking concepts, database concepts - including SQL querying & reporting, and the installation and configuration of data access technologies for the server and client.
- Strong change management, documentation, complex problem solving, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to move between high level architecture review/design to solution level implementation and be able to create supporting documentation.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph