Please review the job details below.Maxar is looking for a Software Engineer to join an agile and fast-paced development team creating software to support operational needs around the world. Do you have the drive to contribute to our nation's security? In an increasingly data-rich environment, threats to our country are harder to detect and require the augmentation of intelligence by machines. As a part of our Maxar team, you can help turn this complex problem into a real solution for important US Government customers.What you will do with your teammates:
- Develop and enhance applications and services to exceed our customer expectations. This includes full lifecycle development and ownership of the entire requirement/solution.
- Foster and support the ongoing growth and practices of agile development within the organization.
- Identify improvements to processes and software applications
- Develop your own expertise within the software architecture.
- Provide Mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with teammates. To us, this means being a good listener and bringing an attitude that creates an environment where innovative ideas can arise.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline. Four years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- 5 Years Related experience in Software Development
- Strong Python, C, C, or Java programming skills
- Agile software development lifecycle experience
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to stay organized while balancing multiple priorities
- Math, physics, or GIS focused minor or major
- Proficiency with database tools such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Proficiency with version control systems such as git