Job Title: BI Reports developerLocation: Baltimore, MDClient: Leidos/ OCSE Job Description: The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of SQL based solutions. Initial responsibility will be supporting the research team with identification and development of query reporting solutions. Continuing responsibilities includes maintenance and enhancement for the MI/BI architecture and systems workflow including external interfaces. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction. An analytical thinker with an established approach to design & problem solving is extremely important. Applicant should be equally comfortable writing new code and refactoring an existing codebase. Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions. Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation. Critique code of others by participating in peer reviews. Candidate should be familiar with Agile Software Development methodologies. The candidate will apply an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design, and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise. Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions. Perform enterprise-wide strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis. Perform process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools, such as Integrated Computer-Aided Software Engineering tools. Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents. Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools. Impact:
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Typically, responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level technical staff.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
Specific Job Description:The candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, development, and testing of the management information and research reporting environment as well as some client/server web based and batch application architectures. Reporting application architecture includes Oracle, SQL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) integrated in an MS SharePoint environment including migration to AWS and expansion of the data structures and data delivery tools. The web-based application architectures include web applications, web services and database operations. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work independently with general direction. Candidate should be familiar with Software Engineering methodologies such as Software Development Life Cycle and Agile development. Functional skills in the following areas: Oracle, SQL, complex query structure, MS SSRS, JAVA/J2EE Technologies, Object Oriented Analysis & Design Patterns, Windows and Linux. Required skills: Oracle, SQL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services or equivalent BI reporting tool, Windows, Linux, and Object-Oriented Design/Programming. Desired skills:Functional familiarity with Data Modeling, Business Process Modeling, DB2, SQL Server, Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, UNIX scripting, XSD, XML, UML, WSAD, Web Services, Java and WSDL, Apache Webserver, HTML, SSL, JDBC, JSP, Spring Framework, Eclipse, XSLT, CVS, Hibernate and SoapUI is beneficial. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to drive the tasks under multiple constraints. Additional Requirements: Position requires successful clearing for Public Trust Level 5C.
- Typically requires BS and 8 to 10 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 6 to 8 years of prior relevant experience.