Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking an independent, creative, and driven Software Developer to help our team in Herndon, VA support our customers by building and maintaining full-stack applications, prototypes, and simulators.What will you be doing?
- Contributing to the development of ISR methodologies, user workflows, and interfaces, security authentication, and service call architecture comprising a family of applications in our software suite.
- Working with the applications built by our team being deployed in scalable cloud architectures and will be built and maintained by a strong CI/CD pipeline.
- Being apart of one or more scrum teams participating in an Agile development methodology to deliver tools to multiple customers.
- U.S. Citizenship a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong object-oriented programming language (Java, Python) skills
- Experience with development tools such as Git, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, Gradle
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills to include active listening
- Linux experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira and Confluence)
- Python, Bash, or similar scripting language
- Java application frameworks (e.g. Spring and Spring Boot)
- SQL/database experience (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Cloud architecture knowledge and deployment experience
- Experience with SSL/PKI, to include the ability to isolate and resolve SSL-related server and client issues