Description SAIC has an immediate opening for an Executive Communications Support Technician. The position will support the HQ USCENTCOM C4I initiatives at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida. JOB DESCRIPTION: The Executive Communications Support Technician shall provide support for day-to-day operations for VIP/Executive Level personnel assigned to USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will provide 24 / 7 advanced technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include networking devices, personal electronic devices (PEDs), and computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals. This is a deployable position (travel is frequent, between 20-40% is common) and will require travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required. The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and USCENTCOM staff. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support for the Executive Communications Team and all Very Important Persons (VIP) team. VIPs consist of local quarters, office and travel to CONUS and Outside the CONUS (OCONUS) locations.
- Support Executive Communications / Information Systems and networks, including remote communications equipment, mobile and deployable network communication systems, strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communication systems (BGAN terminals), secure telephone equipment, video conferencing terminals, laptops, desktops, computer peripherals and other equipment, supporting executive communications capabilities.
- Test all deployable mobile communications equipment and communications suites to ensure all equipment is operational. The equipment shall be ready to deploy within one hour of the notifications for deployment. Personnel will deploy to install, operate and maintain (IO&M) all mobile communications kits and associated devices.
- Under very minimal to no supervision provide front line support to executive level customers to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Provides on-site technical support, to include travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations, by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
- Interacts daily with executive level customers, supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain networking equipment, encryption devices, computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Active DoD Top Secret / SCI status is required in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is required and satisfied by holding CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7/10), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, potentially austere environment and non-standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Active passport in good standing is required; candidate will be required to maintain one (1) hour recall capability during shift and "on-call" periods.
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working as team or as individual SME for executive level communications support, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
- Extensive networking/client-server applications experience.
- Thorough knowledge of printers (hardware/software), specifically in an enterprise environment and in applying security measure to standard configurations.
- Desired certifications: MSCE, CCNA/CCENT, CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP Windows 7/Windows 10, ITILv3.
- Remedy Help Desk, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking and encryption devices.
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
- Experience with image/load set and software deployment in an enterprise environment (SCCM,PXE, image cloning).
- Prior military service is strongly desired, although doesn't exclude a candidate, with preference for previous commander communications team members or tactical communications experience.