At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Are you passionate about making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems? If so, this may be the role for you! The program has an immediate need for an experiencedSr. Principal Systems Engineer - Cloud Platforms/DevOps to serve as a cloud platforms and DevOps engineer for the organization. In this role, the systems engineer is responsible for the development and delivery of cloud adoption and migration to support the organization's mission and vision. The selected individual will play a critical role in the development and delivery of the organization's overall cloud adoption and migration efforts. The primary focus of this position is to provide Systems Engineering expertise as a cloud platforms engineer, to build, configure, and maintain infrastructure hosting in the cloud. This position is required to support the infrastructure hosting workloads both on premises and in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and have a diverse IT background, and strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills. This position will be based in Dulles, VA.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- An active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Systems Engineering, Business or related discipline and 9 years related experience (4 years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree). Or, 7 years with a Master's degree. Or, 4 years with a PhD.
- Demonstrated experience using AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), or CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux platforms, infrastructure-as-code, cloud, and hypervisors.
- Demonstrated experience working and integrating open source frameworks/products, deploying various open source packages, and/or application stacks into a multi-core, multithreaded, and distributed system.
- Able to quickly self-learn new technologies, work in a team environment, and mentor others as needed.
- Expected to have a thorough understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle, and software development.
- Demonstrated on the job experience and excellent understanding of information security practices (e.g. cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, INFOSEC, auditing, patching , security benchmark compliance, OS hardening)
- Knowledge and experience with all of the following infrastructure principles: fault tolerance, availability, scalability, continuous monitoring, and recovery.
- On-the-job experience with automated testing
- Strong understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring, SNMP, Relational Databases (e.g. Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, SolarWinds, N0SQL and Caching Layers such as Memcache etc.)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with MS Windows Server environments.