Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking a Portfolio Project Manager for our Power Subsystem organization at our Palo Alto or San Jose, CA office. As a company, Maxar is a global leader of geospatial and space-based technology solutions. The Power Subsystem is responsible for the end-to-end effort in the proposal, product definition, design, development, manufacturing and overall management of power products. Products include; Power Subsystem Design/Verification, Power Electronic Assemblies (in-house and external), Battery Assemblies, Rigid and Roll-Out Solar Arrays. The Portfolio Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all projects within the Power Subsystem are appropriately planned and supported at the portfolio level while delivering on-time and within budget.Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of Power Subsystem projects, interfacing with Engineering Project Managers and Functional Managers to ensure project definition, milestone establishment and appropriate directorate resource planning (facility and personnel)
- Manage and prioritize the project stream for the Power Subsystem directorate, ensuring alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Develop appropriate tools/processes to monitor and track progress of all projects within the directorate, including resource planning and de-conflicts
- Review changes to individual projects (scope, schedule, costs) to assess and minimize impact to the overall portfolio - re-plan as necessary to avoid cost/schedule impacts and provide recommendations through management chain when impacts are unavoidable
- Perform continuous risk management to minimize risks in schedule and financial scope
- or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 8 years of experience, with at least 5 years in project/program management. A Master's degree may count for 2 years of experience and a PhD degree may count for 4 years of experience.
- Strong leadership and influential skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong time management skills, meeting deadlines are critical. The ability to set realistic deadlines and expectations.
- Experience in budget and resource management
- PMP certificate
- Experience with Agile methodologies as they apply to development and manufacturing
- Experience with leading complex development projects/processes
- Understanding of hardware design and manufacturing
- Comfortable working on interdisciplinary teams internally and externally
- Agile and out-of-the-box thinking, ability to challenge norms and look for new, inventive solutions
- Strong motivational skills, does not allow the team to get caught up in the churn, creator of straight forward plans so the projects and the teams can reach full potential
- Experience in customer interfacing; knowing when to involve or not involve the customer