Title: Performance Engineer Location: Portland, OR Type: Contract Job #: KC285540211 Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates. IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW? So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/ We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more Take a look and see if this is a match. or any other jobs posted! Project Scope: Our client has an immediate need for a Performance Engineer with the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer, with a specific focus on system performance.
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience and/or education in lieu of a degree
- This is an Engineering role, and we need candidates who are skilled, experienced Performance Engineers (not simply QA Testers). They should understand what performance engineering is, and all components needed for the role.
- They must have experience with AWS, no exceptions. At least 1 -2 years of experience.
- They must have experience with load balancing tools, preferably JMeter, but we will accept experience with others such as LoadRunner, Apache Benchmark, etc.
- Experience conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability
- Experience analyzing root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions
- Experience with JMeter or other performance tools
- Experience with Java and NodeJS
- Experience with SQL or NOSQL