As part of the Data & Analytics Engineering team, the Lead Software Development Engineer will architect, design, develop, test, and deliver microservices applications based on Spring Boot framework. In addition, this role will:
- provide architectural direction for implementing software solutions for business requirements
- use sound TDD and Java coding principles to design and deliver quality code
- be hands-on with latest Java language features
- be knowledgeable in cloud services related to developing and delivering enterprise Java applications
- be able to present solutions to business stakeholders including upper management
- be able to drive design decisions based on business requirements
- 10+ years of Java middleware development experience in delivering event-driven enterprise .applications
- 5+ years of experience in architecting enterprise Java applications using Spring framework.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL databases as a back-end data store and writing complex queries.
- Experience with messaging technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ).
- Strong experience in using Spring Cloud framework in developing event-driven applications with data persistence.
- Experience with a public cloud platform. Azure is a big plus.
- Experience with modern software development - Agile/Scrum methodology, Cloud platforms and technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform), Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, automated testing