Description Job Description:We're looking for a Sr. Database Engineer/Administrator wanting to join a tight knit team who appreciates your contributions and efforts! Bring your desire to learn and work with a team interested in growing your skills!Job Responsibilities:
- Perform SQL and NoSQL database development (analyze, design, implement, test and deploy) for geospatial and business intelligence applications (ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise architecture)
- Work with system & software engineers to analyze Customer operations and applications in order to specify data operations and database requirements
- Evaluate emerging technologies IAW Customer operational objectives and requirements to recommend new database design and solutions
- Design, document, and implement solutions for instance monitoring, maintenance, backup, replication, etc.
- Proactively identify and work on database enhancements to further improve system performance as well as maintain the health of existing database systems
- Support the installation and configuration of database systems within Customer's enterprise architecture
- Support and maintain data and database systems to ensure the recoverability of all production data for operational and business continuity needs
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Spatial Database design and implementation highly desirable
- MS SQL Server database experience required
- Expert knowledge in developing and designing databases and data models
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning stored procedures and indexing
- Expert problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience creating and modifying stored procedures
- Experience creating and modifying tables, views, and functions
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience or desire to learn about big data concepts and architectures (e.g. Elastic) and Amazon Web Services RDS is a plus.