- Works with cross functional team to prepare print markups, geometry change proposals (CAD), feasibility assessments and estimates on automotive metal stampings and metal assemblies.
- Evaluates product design for manufacturability, recommend ways to make a product more cost effective including product design & process design change recommendations.
- Consult industry experts to discuss estimates & feasibility analysis in order to resolve issues.
- Conducts team feasibility assessments (TFC's) for potential awarded work.
- Prepares and presents redlined drawings and design change proposals to the customers.
- Negotiates for tolerance relief and design concessions with the customer.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of metal stamping experience / metal stamping tool & die experience is required.
- Previous direct customer interface (face-to-face and verbal) with positive outcome is required.
- Proven ability to read/interpret GD&T and engineering specifications is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Solidworks or Unigraphics NX is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft office is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Pro is required.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability is required.
- Strong multi-task skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to function both independently and with good judgement in a team environment is required.