DevOps Engineer. Remote. Apex Systems is seeking a DevOps Engineer to Implement and maintain DevOps best practices in a contract to hire role. To apply for this role, please send your qualified resume to The position is responsible for optimizing critical applications, infrastructure and operation stability. Responsibilities also include production support and cloud automations. Job duties:
- Monitoring /Alerts / Dashboards Creation - Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Azure Monitoring.
- CI/CD - Implement and manage via Jenkins (Building Pipeline as a code and Approval Management).
- Implement DevSecOps- Integrate Sonar, Fortify, Twistlock, other Security Scans and Azure security center.
- Creation of Docker Containers and manage deployment to Kubernetes, Azure or OpenShift.
- Configuration management using Chef and Ansible.
- Implement Infrastructure as a Code using Terraform.
- Triaging production issue by understanding complete architecture and 24X7 support.
- Implement Zero Downtime deployment and Disaster Recovery.
- Maintain and Configure Azure Resources (Storage, V-Net/S-Net, Firewall API Gateway).
- 5+ years direct work experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Significant experience with DevOps technology (Jenkins/Kubernetes/Helm/Azure/Maven)
- Experience working with other tools such as: Docker, OpenShift, Node JS is a plus.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and COSMOS DB and messaging technology like Kafka.
- Experience in Spring, Spring boot/Hibernate.
- Knowledge and Exposure of Cloud application development and AI / ML.
- Azure certification is a plus.
- Testing tools like Cucumber/JEST and performance testing tools like BluJay/JMeter.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, Oriented, Collaborative environment is essential.
- Hands on knowledge of Kubernetes Deployment, Services, and ingress also including solutions like Scaling, self-healing, Secrets and configuration management.