- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science (Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Automotive, Information Technologies) or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in engineering or Science (Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Automotive, Information Technologies) or equivalent.
- 3-4 years working experience with development teams in consumer level electronics, preferably Infotainment and/or telematics systems for an Automotive OEM or Tier-1 supplier.
- Create and update test specifications and plans for laboratory and in-vehicle testing with focus on the Canadian market specifications.
- Update and maintain test setups (test-benches, in-vehicle systems, test equipment, etc.)
- Build-up, package, and integrate new prototype components into cars.
- Pre-analyze system behavior and perform root-cause analysis
- Execute error and bug-fix verification.
- Plan, coordinate and execute laboratory and in-vehicle testing of Connected Infotainment systems and components.
- Prepare regular test status reports to communicate test and validation results to customers and VW Group partners using standardized systems for error reporting.
- Establish and maintain an error-reporting database, cross-link objective quality results to other Canada specific test databases.
- Use logging equipment to document errors found during testing sessions
- Cluster and categorize error patterns
- Prepare vehicles for test drives.
- Derive reproducibility of system malfunction.