Job DescriptionWhat We Do: The Sales Development team works closely with both Sales and Marketing to drive interest in PayScale's solutions, identify potential buyers, and use compelling messaging to pique the interest of our prospects. Our goal is to help compensation professionals learn how PayScale can empower them to adopt a modern compensation strategy.What You Do: In this role you will build a strong sales foundation by learning everything from prospecting, lead qualification, research, customer personas, objection handling and more. You are the first impression for our potential clients and therefore have a huge impact on PayScale's success.Day-in-the-Life: As a Sales Development Representative, a typical day may include the following…
- Collaborating with full cycle Account Executives on territory planning to develop quality opportunities within assigned geographic territories
- Qualifying all inbound leads by acting as a consultant where we seek to understand prospects needs and address them head on
- Prospecting into accounts by employing innovative techniques and strategies for researching prospective companies and potential buyers to target with persona specific communication via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Overcoming objections and effectively communicating PayScale’s value propositions to key decision makers such as Senior Managers and Executives regarding appropriate product offerings
- High level knowledge of product offerings
- Staying current on industry trends and maintaining high level knowledge of competitor’s product offerings
- Maintaining up to date records and providing valuable market intelligence to Marketing, Sales, and Product teams in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach
- Achieving monthly pipeline goals set by sales management
- Continuous learning through mock calls, formal training, and regular coaching and feedback
- Month 3: You will have learned the ins and outs of the role through a combination of classroom style training, frequent practice and feedback, shadowing your team members and scheduling discovery meetings for Account Executives.
- Month 6: You will be partnering with an Account Executive to strategically prospect a territory for new opportunities and continuing to hone your skills in discovery, objection handling, and targeted messaging.
- Month 12: You will be a leader on the team and take an active part in improving the team as a whole, as well as assisting newer colleagues and developing more advanced sales skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in phone-based lead generation, inside sales and/or business development activities
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office is strongly desired
- Curious and active listener: You have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to experiment. You ask a lot of questions. You recognize there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening" and you even pick up on what's not being said.
- Resilient and self-motivated: You're always striving to build upon previous successes. You realize that the quickest path to success is through quick failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new.
- Detail oriented: The little things matter! You're able to craft a process that keeps you on track.
- Tech savvy: you love experimenting with new technology, and you quickly learn and adapt to new processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator: You are clear, concise, professional, and engaging over the phone. You have the ability to write a confident, persuasive, and professional email.
- Collaborative: When we all succeed, we're better for it. You share your recipe for success without even being asked.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Outreach or a similar sales enablement platform
- MS Office Suite, especially Outlook
“Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclites (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Your application is received and vetted by the Recruiting team
- We'll schedule a phone conversation with a Talent Acquisition team member to learn about your interest and potential fit
- We'll give you a prompt to research and prepare a short pitch to practice over the phone with our hiring managers
- We'll invite you to do a video interview loop with a few members of the team.
Additional InformationBenefits and Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join useveryFriday. WOOF!)