Job Description$3,000 Sign-on Bonusoffered to New hires!(with a 12 month service commitment)
TheRadiographer-CT reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs computed tomography and related procedures to demonstrate sectional anatomic images for interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient's conditions essential for successful completion of the procedures.
- Services are provided in accordance with industry standards, department protocols and hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs computed tomography procedures according to set protocols established by radiologists.
- Evaluates the request for procedures and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and method of application.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices, and patient positioning techniques to generate quality images.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care, age-specific sensitivities, and "patients first" guidelines.
- Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from imaging devices.
- Evaluates the resultant images in comparison with industry standards and takes corrective action if needed.
- Refers to appropriate reference materials for clarification when needed.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance his comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Performs imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Emergency Management Administration to limit radiation exposure to patient, self and other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs preliminary interpretation by applying independent judgment, subsequently customizing the procedure accordingly.
- Uses this knowledge to expedite intervention by the radiologist, if necessary.
- Notifies physicians as required of changes in the condition of the patients or regarding unique imaging characteristics.
- Maintains level of flexibility to accommodate daily schedule and high level of productivity.
- In collaboration with the Resource Coordinators and Technical Coordinator, learn and become proficient in new procedures and new levels of software as they become available.
- Certification in Radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
- Certification or certification eligible ARRT (CT)
- Active license with Illinois Emergency Management Department of Nuclear Safety Administration
- AHA BLS Provider Certification
- Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology program
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Radiologic Technology
- Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.