TheEducation Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence based practice principles, and clinical expertise in nursing practice into educational experiences.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates formal and informal education of the staff, including nurses, assistive personnel and student nurses including off shifts and weekends.
- Coordinates and participates in unit specific orientation process in collaboration with the NM Academy, peers, managers, and the Department of Professional Practice and Development.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates annual unit-specific clinical skills validation and competency evaluation.
- Coordinates mandatory education activities including off shifts and weekends.
- Partners with unit leadership to develop educational learning plans for individual staff.
- Maintains standards of practice relevant to specific clinical settings.
- Collaborates with the NM Academy to identify educational needs and to develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet those needs.
- Supports ongoing development of critical thinking skills of clinical nurses.
- Provides direct patient care as needed, and acts as a clinical instructor during orientation and transition into practice of new hires.
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as assigned.
- Remains clinically proficient within area of expertise.
- BSN with a minimum of two years related clinical experience.
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification in clinical areas where required.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.