The Project Manager is responsible for managing large-scale, cross-functional, multi-team projects to ensure effective delivery within established budgets and timelines, negotiating with stakeholders and making key decisions effecting scope and resources, and for building project management skills across the Public Engagement division. This role will focus on externally-facing communications, fundraising, and public campaigning/advocacy initiatives aimed at Oxfam’s broad base of supporters. The Project Manager will be an expert at leading teams and projects, and will have experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies, selecting and applying best-suited tools and practices per project requirements. This person will define the chronology of each project, and measure progress against objectives and milestones, raising and effectively addressing roadblocks to ensure successful delivery, and adapting project scope as necessary. They will build project management capabilities across the Public Engagement division, enabling staff to lead and manage projects.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project manage division- and institutional-level projects and initiatives across the organization, involving regular engagement with senior project and campaign leaders.
- Work with Public Engagement leads and content experts to develop project strategies, tactics, scopes, and timelines.
- Develop and maintain project communication systems, including project monitoring, risks and mitigations, and organizational communications on project processes and progress.
- Identify/resolve complementary or conflicting deadlines across projects.
- Establish tools and best practices for project management for select initiatives across the Public Engagement division, determining shared software and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain Public Engagement division master projects tracker, and individual project trackers with up-to-date information.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including project plans and detailed schedules, requirements, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, action items, parking lot, and decision logs.
- Lead project status meetings.
- Support and train staff in project management skills, tools, and best practices, and instill project management discipline to enable disseminated project management on initiatives by other staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with multiple departments, including Resource Development, Campaigns and Advocacy, and Global Programs.
- Run daily scrums.
- Work directly with printers.
- Source and manage freelance talent on outsourced creative projects.
- Serve as point of contact for requests for Content and Design teams.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends, and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field. Proactively monitor trends in project management.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
- Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve.
QualificationsREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, related field, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.Experience and Core Competencies:
- 3–5 years of project management experience involving diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Project Management certification (PMP, CAPM, CSM, CPMP, or similar).
- Outstanding communication skills, and the ability to quickly absorb, understand, analyze, and summarize detailed information about aspects of projects across multiple disciplines, including those outside of ones own area of expertise.
- A curious, resourceful, and proactive approach to understanding issues and problem-solving.
- Expertise and comfort with agile, waterfall, hybrid, and other project management methodologies and tools, and daily scrums.
- Expertise with modern, leading-class project management software and methodologies, and ability to teach others these skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented; able to track status of multiple concurrent projects.
- Familiarity with print production requirements
- Spanish fluency
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.