Each Eataly location has multiple full-service, sit-down restaurants featuring authentic Italian dishes made with the highest quality, seasonal ingredients. Meat dishes, seafood dishes, pasta, pizza, street food – you can find it all in our various restaurants!
The General Manager of Restaurants directs the front of house operations of all restaurants at an Eataly, working with the front of house and back of house teams. Reports to the Director of Store Operations and oversees the team of Restaurant Assistant General Managers.
- Organizes and directs a store’s restaurant operations to maximize profitability while upholding the company’s mission, values, policies, quality and guest experience standards
- Sets departmental goals and leads a team of managers, working closely with each to understand operational needs, provide training and motivation, and encourage interdepartmental collaboration
- Prepares weekly updates on restaurants, and collaborates closely with corporate and senior leaders to plan activities and achieve goals
- Assists with employee hiring, assignment, training, payroll, scheduling, evaluations and terminations
- Estimates food and beverage needs, and requisitions or purchases food, beverage, supplies and equipment; receives and checks orders to ensure they adhere to specifications
- Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of front of house management experience in a high-volume, fast-paced restaurant
- Exceptional communication, leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Italian cuisine and wine highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Availability to travel up to 10% of the time
Additional InformationBenefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws.Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.