Job DescriptionAbout The Role:
As a Retail Associate, youwill be interacting with students with a commitment to delighting our customers in our vibrant store culture in any or all the following ways, workingthecash register, stocking shelving, processing on-line orders, shipping, and receiving and other tasks that may be needed.
This is a seasonal position at the campus bookstore that may require you to have availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of less than 90 days with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.What You Do:
- Operate cash register, accepting cash, credit or financial aid payments.
- Carry, shelve and straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to graduation and athletic events)
- Support a store environment where all associates and customers are welcome
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for employment.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Ability to stand on your feet for the length of your shift
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs regularlywith or without reasonable accommodations
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- 0 to 12 months of previous retail or clerical experience
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.