The Senior Marketing Director will direct and oversee the Enterprise (Central) Marketing team to design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that maintain and grow our industry leading brand position(s) and align with organizational growth goals. This role will join a strong, collaborative team working in partnership with Sales & Divisional leadership. Through a deep understanding of our diverse customers’ evolving path to purchase and ITW Welding go-to-market strategies, the Senior Director will influence quality of practice and linkage to sales execution driving profitable growth across the enterprise.Responsibilities
· Evaluate and energize the company’s long-term brand positioning strategy(s), including the intentional management of the Miller Electric and Hobart Welding Products dual brand strategy. Create a vision for experiential brand management that drives advocacy for the brand(s) with the channel and end users.
· Expand and develop over-arching digital strategies driving preference for the brand(s) and product solutions. Extend our company led strategy to optimize the digital representation of our brand(s) within and through the channel.
· Develop and execute content strategies that support the targeted development and deployment of content that advances our diverse customer base along their buyer journey. Identify content management system(s) with capability to effectively extend the reach of our branded content beyond our North American enterprise efforts into the channel, where appropriate, and in other ITW Welding regions across the globe.
· Create and execute go-to-market strategies aligned with divisional and sales stakeholders to drive growth with targeted segments.
· Gain a firm understanding of macro trends in the channel that are common across divisions and customer types. Develop marketing strategies informed by these trends that support enterprise growth opportunities.
· Identify, initiate, and leverage partnership programs to build awareness of the company brand and drive incremental sales through the distribution channel to targeted end users.
· Be a resource to the divisions to provide market research/customer insights at the macro level that will assist the divisions with their end market efforts.
· Manage outside agency resources, including advertising, public relations, and corporate communication efforts to capitalize on brand presence opportunities.
· Assess talent and identify critical skill sets and gaps. Assist in career path movement for the team and their development.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years commercially driven strategic marketing leadership, preferably experience with an industrial hardgoods distribution industry. Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred. The critical competencies include:
·Strategic Marketing Acumen: The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to develop and implement a marketing plan, driving actions from a keen understanding of common customer, consumer and channel needs, then providing concise recommendations to the organization to develop profitable solutions. Use a systematic and analytical approach toward situation analysis and the development of specific programs that maintain a perspective on long-term goals while attaining short-term objectives.
·Sales Alignment: This individual will have a demonstrated ability to partner with sales leadership to drive revenue enhancements through deployment of sales enablement strategies. Alignment of outbound marketing strategies and tools that enable sales execution.
·Influence & Collaboration: This person will demonstrate a predisposition towards action and collaboration. He or she must be a keen listener, be perceived as open-minded, and have strong interpersonal skills so that the necessary relationships with internal and external groups can be forged and developed quickly. This person must be comfortable communicating both formally and informally with senior executives and communicate openly and equitably with peers
·Talent Manager: Strong coach/mentor that shares talent for their development. Hires, develops, and retains a diverse pipeline of great leadership talent. Assesses performance objectively; makes the tough calls when necessary. Motivating.
·Innovative Thinker: He or she will be known as a creative thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo, but also to learn from the past. He or she uses fact-based analyses, but is not paralyzed by too much data, or not enough. This person is known for taking a well-reasoned stand and is decisive in terms of moving forward on a proposal.
·Strong Business Acumen: He or she has a record of sound fiscal management and be considered to have strong analytical capabilities. He or she has a balanced approach to revenue generation, operating cost management, and bottom line delivery.
·Industrial Distribution Channel Experience: The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of distribution channels with a proven ability to drive results through existing distribution channels, while identifying and unlocking new opportunities in channels that align with our end users. This individual must be able to build on a solid channel partnership.
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.