Our Internship program offers a challenging hands-on structured experience. You will be working in conjunction with Expeditors' employees learning the process, terminology, and skills required to be successful in a fast-paced operation handling a varied customer base.This is a paid positionand typically is3 to 4 months in duration.
We are looking for someone who can start immediately and work 40 hours a week. The schedule will be Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm and overtime if required. Please note the job requires the candidate to commute to Torrance, California.
Some of the job functions include, but not limited to:
- Scanning and indexing documents
- Track and Trace international shipment
- Assist the customer service representative withreviewing commercial documents according to customer's instructions and expectations.
- Assist customer service representative with verification of customs declaration information
- Assist customer service representative by ensuringaccurate and timely data entry into Expeditors Customs entry system
- Ensure compliance at all times by following government regulations and company policies
- Must be able to commute to the city of Torrance
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future sponsorship for employment visa
- Must have the ability to work overtime in support of the department needs
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, and familiarity with PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with numbers and basic mathematical skills
- Familiarity with 10-key usage
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize throughout the workday while remaining focused and organized
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active in thought and action
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Willing to pitch in and help on last minute projects or assist team members
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Has a demonstrated strong work ethic, and reliability
- Comfortable working in a professional business environment
- Proven ability and desire to learn new software and technologies
- Successful candidates must pass a background check
- Undergraduate Degree Preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.