This position is open to other locations where aVisa office(s) is present.Position Summary
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e., Original Credit Transaction (OCT). In the U.S., Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g., payments to landscaper), and funds disbursement (e.g., insurance claim disbursements). Currently, the push payments market globally is estimated to be a $80T opportunity.Over the past years we have invest in establishing competitive payment rails and market readiness, and we are now ready to focus aggressively on market expansion.
The Global Head of Solutioning for Visa Direct is responsible for the management of the bespoke solutions architects and partner enablement strategies.Providing a product and technical vision, thought leadership, and execution in the strategic development, architecture, and implementation of Money Movement Solutions, leveraging Visa’s capabilities to support the country teams, sales teams and clients in design, develop and deliver of products and services to enable our customers consume Visa’s technology and participate in new flows.
The Head of Solutions, Global Visa Direct has overall ownership and accountability for the bespoke development and delivery of a new Visa Direct solutions that will generate additional disbursement endpoints, and money movement frameworks leveraging VisaNet and other Visa acquisitions.
The main objective is to support the regional teams in adapting the Visa Direct platform to solve for super-regional players, Fintechs and Wallet Providers. E.g., Tencent, Paytm, TerraPay, Lydia, MercadoLibre, Rappi and other large digital ecosystems outside the North American Region. The successful candidate will also be responsible for facilitating the expansion of these regional player with the other the regional VD leads
Create a global acquirer enablement practice – with standardized approach and execution guides be part of the management of global enablers and their expansion, in support to the commercial activity at Merchants Sales & Acquiring.
The Head of Solutions, Global Visa Direct will work closely with the Visa Direct Platform, VPL and Yellow Pepper teams to facilitate/centralize/gather requests coming in from regions to accelerate market growth via needed developments in order create visibility in important market requirements at global levelPurpose and Scope
- Lead, coach, and develop an outstanding Solutions Architects team to deliver against assigned goals
- Executing solutions wins identifying and mitigating technical risk; driving a pipeline of global solutions; and advancing and enabling the strategic direction for Visa Direct expansion in the most profitable use cases across markets.
- Lead effective design engagement with solutions architects to support the MS&A sales organization, I&SP, country product teams and other business units across all selling cycles.
- The Head of Solutions, Global Visa Direct is the foremost expert in Visa Direct platform functionalities and products, and clearly understand the synergies with other platforms like VAS, Visa Payments Limited and YellowPepper to apply this expertise to accelerate the design of integrated solutions across non-NA markets.
- Responsible for coordinating customization work with the Product Platform and Technology teams and ensuring that bespoke solutions are built for future scale and adoption and in full alignment with platforms and technology teams.
- Ownership and accountability for the development and successful delivery of bespoke solutions utilizing all of Visa assets or through partnership technologies.
- Responsible for creating a strategy for and working closely with regional/local Fintech players that can help deploy such proven solution stacks in their markets and accelerate the adoption of Visa Direct
- Develop integration models with other local networks in strategic markets that can allow Visa to expand presence in domestic and incoming cross border use cases.
- Build a Strategic Enablement Framework for Send Side players that allows for the expansion of our solutions including differentiated engagement models varying per player type (Acquirers, Processors, Fintechs, etc).
- Responsible for identifying gaps and opportunities for solution completeness to help deliver best in class money movement solutions.
- Build a team and cross-functionally work with Visa Direct product teams globally and other organizations to develop platform constructs including network operating rules, pricing, settlement functions, regulatory and other key control elements in order to solve for the needs of large digital ecosystems outside North America.
- Create a repository of relevant artifacts at a solution level that can be used by the various client facing teams to better underpin the value of the various solution components of Visa’s money movement solution.
- Establish a replicable and scalable Solution practice across all regions by providing training and education to teams on Set-Plays and Proven effective solution architecture designs
- 12 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- Strong empathy for customers and understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- High impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results.
- Experience leading success of a highly technical product
- Ability to see through business problems and create technical solutions to address the client needs and end user demand.
- Deep go-to-market knowledge and experience implementing and measuring operational metrics, leveraging data to identify trends in customer satisfaction and retention risk.
- Atleast eight years of experience leading commercialization team, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
- Active listening skills required
- Proven solution development and project execution experience
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated and aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects, and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to articulate at a technical level to engage while at the same time being able to translate into proficient business requirements and terms for business executives in an approachable manner
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required
- Deep knowledge in consumer, business and merchant banking and according payments flows and systems
- Visa and retail payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C and B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
Additional InformationWork Hours:
- Incumbent must make themselves available to support clients/partners in global timezones.
- This position requires travel for work between 30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.