Job DescriptionWhat would you do? – The Specifics
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e. reviewing the P&L).
- Optimize and oversee the eyeglass department to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensure all associates do the same.
- Ensure quality standards are met. Review remakes and enforce policies to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with the General Manger, District Manager, and Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Supervise and motivate Opticians and CL Sales associates (in some stores the Receptionist) and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs, recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
QualificationsAre you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).