WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play Are you in? PERKS & BENEFITS: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Maintenance Technicians work as an integral part of the larger Winter Park Resort Lodging (WPRL) Division’s team. The WPRL comprises the following departments: Front Desk; Housekeeping; Laundry; Condo Maintenance; Owner Relations;; Commercial Management; Village Company, and the Vintage Hotel.
We are charged with assuring the safe, efficient, fiscally-responsible and high-quality operation of this significant physical plant (from the largest building infrastructure systems through to in-condo appliances and minor repairs) 24 hours a day/365 days per year.
The Maintenance Tech is very much considered a “Front Of House” role with regular service interaction required between the Tech and our guests, homeowners, internal partners and other stakeholders.
Expeditiously and effectively responding to guest/owner calls for maintenance assistance forms one of the most critical functions of this role. Additionally, completing daily/weekly/monthly/annual routine and preventative maintenance tasks and taking on specialized project work rounds out the rest of this role.
Maintenance Techs will typically have a “home” property as their base, however the Techs can expect to be assigned to tasks and projects in every property at different times depending on business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently respond to all maintenance calls dispatched either the via HotSOS work order system, over the Lodging Division radio system, in person or via phone. Complete maintenance tasks to the highest degree of quality.
- Use all established protocols for approaching, announcing and entering any condo (whether believed to be vacant or occupied) – every time.
- Leave work location (whether condo, common area, maintenance shops, employee area or administrative area) in pristine condition following project completion.
- Display professionalism, proficiency and guest-centric demeanor when interacting with guests, homeowners and peers at all times.
- Escalate issues that the Maintenance Tech is not able to effectively address to Foreman or Manager in a timely manner.
- Report on completion (or delay if further issue is discovered) immediately via use of HotSOS or other communications tools as directed.
- Accurately diagnose more complex maintenance issues including in-unit problems, building systems problems. Can trouble-shoot larger issues (multiple units, multiple-property issues) and provide a timely and succinct update to all stakeholders.
- Able to complete plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry/finish repairs without supervision when dispatched on maintenance calls.
- Has achieved proficiency levels in the above items which would enable Maintenance Lead to provide basic training and project oversight to other team members.
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns
- Able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort needs
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer under varying conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing, walking, kneeling
- Must be able and comfortable working on ladders and in genie lifts.
- Must be able to work in diverse locations with varying temperatures, light and noise levels (e.g. boiler rooms, spa mechanical rooms, garages, crawl spaces).
- Must have dexterity to operate radio, computer, blackberry, hand-tools, power tools, and other equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Trade Licenses Highly Desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record required.
- Minimum of one (1) year in residential maintenance, property management or in a customer service role required.
- Excellent working knowledge and proven skills in general maintenance and demonstrable experience and skills in plumbing, electric, carpentry/finish and HVAC including use of all necessary tools, equipment and materials and associated PPE where required.
- Proven experience in the hotel, lodging and hospitality industry (especially resort lodging or ski area lodging) preferred.
- Experience using HOTSOS preferred.
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.WAGE:
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $16 $18 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.