The Powder Horn Golf Club in Sheridan, WY is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Banquet Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Banquet Manager:
- Reviews all Banquet Event Orders on a daily basis to determine staffing levels, location set-up, related supplies and decorating materials.
- Ensures events are set up on time, the quality of the product and level of service delivered.
- Maintains and improves on an ongoing basis the presentation of all events at the facility.
- Processes banquet checks and related documents in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures to include recording events on the POS system.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory, storage areas, and preparation of inventory reports as well as preparation of proposals for significant expenditures such as new theme parties, equipment, etc.
- Provides input on menu design and revisions.
- Monitors overall convention/banquet areas for cleanliness and any maintenance issues. Works with housekeeping and engineering on any areas in need of attention.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Bartender, Banquet Captain, Banquet Chef, Banquet Server, Catering Coordinator.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and test for comprehension.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Banquet Manager:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Previous banquet experience required, prefer someone with wedding experience.
- Driver’s License may be required. Alcohol Service Training, Food safety and applicable sanitation training.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and POS system