SUMMARY: Routine cleaning of all school/site facilities/property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Sweep, mop, and polish floors.
- Vacuum and clean carpets.
- Dust and clean chalkboards (white boards), furniture, windows, blinds, and equipment.
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect restrooms, sinks, drinking fountains, and eating surfaces.
- Move furniture and equipment.
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- Sweep walkways, pick up paper and trash.
- Secure rooms upon completion of work.
- Set up furniture and equipment needed for special events, meetings, and classes.
- Minor repair around campus/site.
- May perform outside and inside painting on buildings, structures, and furnishings.
- Restock paper products (and soap) throughout the campus
- Assist in supervising the cafeteria at breakfast and lunch.
- Clean up after special events (Second Shift Custodian)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to
employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.