The EMS Unlimited Wildland EMTwill deploy on campaign wildfires for up to 14-21 day's. EMS Unlimitedprovides compassionate medical care to line firefighters and support staff. Hiking and camping will be required and the work environment is extreme.
EMS Unlimited EMTson the Wildland Medical Team may be assigned to Wildfire Ambulances, Wildfire Fireline Teams and/or Wildfire Rapid Extraction Module (REM).POSITION IDENTIFICATION:Reports to: Fire Team ManagerSeasonalNO BENEFITSA drug free workplaceAn Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)COMPENSATION:Predicted day rate $400-$600SCHEDULE:Non guaranteed, dependent on fire requestsDeployments: 14-21 days (not including travel), 24/7 shift starts after check in at ICP and deploymentin the field.POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:EMS Unlimitedwildland staff support the needs of requesting agencies for wildland fires. There are 3 different positions that staff may be assigned to:
Line EMTAssigned to a task force on the fire lineHiking with a task force and assisting where needed. Be available for any medical emergencies within task force teamAttend daily medical leader check ins and task force debriefsComplete documentation and communication check in as required
AmbulanceAssigned to a fire line task force and staged somewhere within the task force region. Will stay with the ambulance for stagingAvailable in case of emergency and a transport is needed from the regionAttend daily medical leader check ins and task force debriefsComplete documentation and communication check inas required
REMAssigned to a task force on the fire lineAttend daily medical leader check ins and task force debriefsComplete documentation and communication check in as requiredAssist task force teamswith any technical rescues, extrications andtransports
- Be a team player
- Must be in support of company values
- Be flexible
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of applicable current standards of care, including equipment functions and uses;
- Assure that all certifications, licenses and registrations are current,including Wildland and EMS; and
- The employee conducts themselves in a courteous, helpful, dignified and professional manner at all times.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must possess a valid Drivers License
- Attend EMSU fire camp annually
- Current National Registry EMTandstate licensein home state
- Current BLS/CPR
- S-190, S-130, S-110, and L-180
- ICS-100 and IS-700
- Current RT-130
- Pass arduous pack test
Preferred Training (not required, offered by EMS Unlimited):
- Low and/or high angle rope rescue (Required for REM Team)
- ROHVA and four wheel drive experience (Required for REM team)
- PHTL, ITLS, TCCC, Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.