Assistant Teacher, Discovery Center Fresno, California, United States
August 23, 2021
Completion of ECE/CDEV 6 semester units
$14.00 per hour
No Phone Calls please. Please submit your resume either/by: Fax to 559-320-0318, Mail to P.O. Box 1422, Fresno CA 93716
Direct interaction with children, parents, coworkers in a classroom setting, and assist with the implementation of weekly and daily curriculum as needed. Help to develop a positive self-image for children. Assists in the development and/or purchase of curriculum materials and other materials for Discovery Center rooms as needed. Maintain clean and safe environment for children. Contribute to child’s progress reports. Help to administer child assessment tools. Model developmentally appropriate practices for parents and assist/support children and parent in active learning. Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
Completed 6 core semester units of course work in Early Childhood Education/Child Development semester units, recommended First Aid, and CPR training certificates. Class C driver’s license with DMV printout / clean driving record. Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, and the general public; demonstrate a Christ-like behavior and attitude in all duties and responsibilities; perform all job functions per the employer’s expectations and comply with all conditions, and terms of employment.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position must mail the following documents Attn: Human Resource: 1) resume, 2) a letter of interest which includes a narrative detailing how the candidate fulfills each of the required and preferred items listed under Qualifications, and 3) the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references who can provide current assessments of the candidate's qualifications for the position.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Fresno Rescue Mission endeavors to glorify God by meeting the spiritual and physical needs of the least, the last and the lost in our community.
OUR VISION: Recognizing the teachings of Jesus, that the least, the last and the lost will always be in our midst, we will partner with the Christian community, social services agencies, businesses, families and individuals to meet the spiritual and physical needs of all men, women and children in our community.
OUR VALUES: Christ-centered by treating the least, the last and the lost with love and compassion.
Fresno Mission Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, externally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present rule as Head of the Church, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, that they are saved to the resurrection of life or they are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, ethnicity, cultural, gender, disability or handicap, and socio-economic differences.
8. We believe it is the ministerial duty of followers of Christ to minister directly to those in need of food, shelter, clothing, compassionate care, rescue, restoration and empowerment.
9. We believe in the fundamental biblical conviction that marriage is, by definition, the spiritual and physical uniting of one man and one woman who have left the dependency of their parents and have joined together in an exclusive covenant committed relationship. Marriage is God’s unique gift to people in which He reveals the union between Christ and His Church. As such, Fresno Mission believes that wedding ceremonies on Fresno Mission property are spiritual observances of worship of God who created this divine institution.