SeniorElectrical Engineer We Don't Just BuildTheWorld, We Build Innovative Technology Too. Come BuildtheWorldwithUs Who WeAre We're the World's largest tool company.Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, to designing and prototyping tools to ensurewe meet our customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way. Who YouAre You are comfortable taking the lead, and enjoy coaching, teaching, and developing talent. You want to work on a project where you can see the fruits of your labor come to life and enjoy seeing the finished product on the shelves of major retailers around the globe. You also have:
- Minimum B.S.E.E. degree with3or more years of experience
- Knowledge in some or all the following areas: electricbrushed or brushlessmotor controls,lithium ionbattery management, embedded systems, electro-hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of MOSFET,RF,op amp,sensor,and MCU interface circuits
- Nice to have: Embedded C Programming Experience
- Strong knowledge of PCB design best practices
- Proficiently in schematic capture&PCBlayoutusing Altiumdesigner
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing and design for high volume production
- Abilityto work with outside suppliers and teamsin Europe, Asia, and North America
- Help the development of electric-hydraulic tools for the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) trades
- Work with ID, Marketing, Manufacturing, Compliance, Safety and Purchasing to create supplier product specifications
- Help spec and selectelectroniccomponents based on performance requirementsfor new designs and EOL electronic parts
- Perform electrical stack-ups, PFMEAs and DFMEAs to validate supplier designs and hold design reviews
- Coordinate, create and maintain all necessary design information and project documentation
- Help develop test plans and perform required testing to ensure supplier designs meet objectives
- Attend product builds. Potential for up to 10% domestic and global travel required
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here.Being part of our global company with 60+ brandsgivesyou the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths. We need all kinds of people, so whether you want tobecome atechnicalexpert, or grow your skills in multiple disciplines,you have come to the right spot.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities). We also focus on having technical experts in each area that are there to guide you along theway,so you are never alone.
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
- Hands on environment: We love toolsand using them! We have prototyping, use & handling, testing, inspectionandmetallurgy labs all right here in Towson.
- A company with History. We have been designing tools for long time which means we have a lot of expertisehere,butthat doesn't meanwe are afraid to try new things. We have a long list ofWorld'sfirststo ourcreditand we need you to keep that going!