Towson, MD (Flexible)Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World™It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.We are seeking a self-motivated engineering leader. In this position you will be responsible for driving the design and development of highly technical electromechanical products. In this position you willwork closely witha global team of engineers in product development, project management and cost down initiatives while meeting our manufacturing, safety, quality, regulatory code compliance and marketing objectives. Must be capable of driving innovation and new product development, estimating development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development. Position involves close coordination with business leaders, manufacturing, marketing, industrialdesignand customer base.What You'll DoAs a Product Engineer, you'll be part of our Engineering team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
- Drive innovation in multiple highly technical product categories
- Program Management of projects in global markets coming from global supplybase
- Lead a team of Engineers with direct and/or indirect managementresponsibility
- Develop product within compliance (i.e.UL, CSA, CE), safety and reliabilityrequirements
- Manage and drive programs forward in accordance with the SB&D Milestone process
- Report out to senior level management on a regularbasis
- Understand and develop technical requirements that tie directly to customerrequirements
- BS or MS in Engineering
- Project management experience in design and manufacture of electro-mechanical products
- Experience with injection molding, stamping, machining, electronics, and battery charging systems desired.
- Understanding of lasers,lightingand optics desired
- Willingness to travel tomultinational manufacturing locations/culturesand buildrelationships
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication, and project managementskills
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project and Excel.
- Understanding of 3D computer aided modeling
- Real worldteam leadership experienceand engineering experience, 1-5 years depending onposition
- Think creatively to develop ideas that can be protected by patents.
- Perform/specify the required testing for design and performance verification.
- Ability to work on and coordinate multiple, global projects.
- Ability to work in a global, multi-functional team environment.
- 10-20% International/ Domestic travelrequired
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.