Linux System Administrator for Top Secret U.S. Airforce cybersecurity projects - U.S. Citizen and Top Secret Clearance required
The Talent Mine is recruiting for a Sr. Linux Sys Admin with a current Secret Security Clearance for a team supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces. If you are a U.S. Citizen that has a passion for serving your country from a cyber security and sys admin standpoint, read on!Position Summary:?Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks. Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues. Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.Shall install hardware and software, conduct system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software and security related problems. Shall perform system backups and recovery; maintain user accounts, data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity; conduct training, maintain documentation; and provide front-line customer support for IT related problems.Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of our client's Linux based computer systems, network servers, and virtualization projects.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead helpdesk support efforts, making sure all applications and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Maintain the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, and intranet systems.
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- 5+ years of professional Linux Sys admin expertise
- Must have TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert. knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols