Company DescriptionJoin us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems. Job Description We have an opening for a VTC Coordinator Video Teleconference & Facilitator. You will provide planning, coordination, setup, and teardown of classified/unclassified VTCs (Video Teleconferences). This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.In this role you will
- Provide operational support for the day-to-day operations and scheduling of VTC's both secure and non-secure.
- Coordinate with far-end locations to schedule, configure and connect VTCs.
- Setup, and teardown of VTCs at various locations around the laboratory.
- Establish connections with a variety of far-end locations/agencies utilizing the appropriate communications networks and bridges.
- Operate VTC equipment to include Polycom, Cisco and other equipment.
- Facilitate video conferences and monitor equipment performance during VTC sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot connection issues and work with the technical support personnel as needed to resolve the issues.
- Develop solutions to resolve complex problems, collaborating with technical personnel.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management, vendors, and technical personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Functional knowledge of techniques applied to operating VTC equipment.
- General working knowledge of video teleconferencing technology, networks, and applications.
- Ability to perform in busy environments with frequent interruptions and distractions; ability to perform multiple ongoing tasks; skill in managing time efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computer and a basic knowledge of word processing and database management software.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact and to employ a high degree of flexibility and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with a high degree of independence or as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) to demonstrate a responsive customer service attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of techniques applied to operating VTC equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience collecting, compiling, and maintaining data for reports on utilization and system performance.
- Significant coordination and organization skills, including coordination of activities with multiple components requiring independent follow-through.
- Working knowledge of LLNL policies and procedures; policies and procedures governing classified environments, communications, and data.
- Skilled in using a variety of software programs and computer platforms, both generally and as specifically applied to the VTC system.
- Knowledge of telecommunications/network interactions.
- Included in 2021Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment