Senior Mechanical Engineer, Power Tools Group - New Product DevelopmentTowson, MD / Flexible during CovidWe Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.Come Build The World With UsThis is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS, Black + Decker, and STANLEY TOOLS. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We AreWe're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet.We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You AreYou're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always.You also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3yearsof Mechanical Design experience
- Experience in use of 2D and 3D design software (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Hands-on ability to build prototypes, teardown products, and report findings or corrective actions
- Firm understandingof GD&T, tolerance stack-ups,and 2D drawing best practices
- Strong desire to learn new technologies/processes.Possess an entrepreneurial, ambitious attitudetoexecute industry-best product features.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to work with a global team including remote design and manufacturing centers.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude in prior project experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience with electro-mechanical design, electronic assemblies, and/or DC circuits is a plus.
- Personal or professional familiarity with power tools is a plus.
- Work collaboratively on the development of new professional power tool projects.
- Contribute designs tomultiple projects at once and manage schedules for project deliverables. Develop and execute plans for project sample builds.
- Collaborate cross functionally with non-engineering disciplines (Marketing, Sourcing, Manufacturing) to turn design problems into reality. Work closely with Marketing to turn Voice-of-the-Customer data into feasible designs.
- Assemble prototypes, develop test plans, and oversee testing.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost and reduce design complexity.
- Lead design reviews and create workingmodels of new product concepts using 3D CAD software.
- Make definitive and effective project management decisions to meet aggressive schedules.
- Sometravel required (Domestic & International)
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.