Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a junior level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual that has technical experience with administering Linux and Windows servers within a VMware virtual environment. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This role is responsible for interacting with other administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers.Primary Responsibilities
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Linux, Microsoft, and Mac systems within a VMware virtual environment.
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Foundational knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions such as Dell VXRail
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu) and Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016)
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or MacOS
- Experience with Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts, PowerShell, PowerCLI, or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years (4 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree) or a Master's Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (5 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a master's degree).
- Certification relating to VMware (VCA/VCP), Microsoft Server Administration (MCSA), Linux Administration (Linux+), or Mac Administration (ACSP) a plus.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with CI polygraph is required for this position.