Job Description - Creative Designer, Softlines Product DevelopmentWe are seeking a full-time freelance product development designer with experience in vertical development. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the Apparel and Accessories categories for one of our largest film franchises. This designer should be highly creative, organized, strategic, and forward thinking with a strong understanding of our brand. They will work closely with Manager to support the design development process. They candidate should have a strong background in design with a proven understanding of product concept creation, general understanding of the product lifecycle, manufacturing techniques as well as a good understanding of market and fashion trends. Responsibilities:
- Research global markets to identify new trends, silhouettes, fabrics, & techniques.
- Prepare basic flat sketch designs in Illustrator.
- Assist with basic tech specifications of a product
- Assist with creating color palettes for each quarter.
- Create BOMS (Build of Materials) & FMAs (Final Mechanical Art)
- Develop and design product mock-ups, compile line sheets for line reviews, layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Collaborate with Product Development Lead regularly to execute assigned projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to follow art direction well with excellent execution
- Must be resourceful, a team player, have strong communication skills, willingness to learn, be nimble and take chances.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects, time lines and communicate across teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in the creation of mock-ups and mood boards for presentations.
- Must have the ability to define trends and understand how our brand ties into product and design trends.
- Need to have the ability to manipulate graphic assets to create new designs and compositions.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in related field, apparel design preferred.
- 5 years' experience in apparel design and product development desired.
- Requires Mac/PC proficiency including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft office.
- Advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote and InDesign required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs (word, excel, ppt)
- Able to work independently and set personal work priorities,
- Elevated taste level and knowing how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filters.
- Working knowledge of the product and creative development process.
- People oriented team player.