Location: Dayton, OH (Note - this role will start remote but is required to report onsite once return to work plan is implemented - potentially around the fall)Program Shortlisting: After 2 business daysSummary:The Quality Assurance Engineer will be participating in lead root cause analysis activities, executing quality improvements and maintaining supplier quality management This role will be a Supplier QA Engineer, meaning that the individual will be supporting Trimble clients who are experiencing issues, rather than working on internal projects. The ideal candidate would have Supplier Quality experience, experience working with manufacturing vendors (specifically with electronic parts), and can work effectively by jumping into a vendor environment to assess and resolve an issue. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Monthly reporting of Quality KPI including supplier PPM.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with APQP principles including but not limited to build-in quality awareness and design for manufacturing best practices.
- Assist Program Manager and Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system
- Responsible for overall health and maintenance of production test equipment.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma, etc.
- Responsible for supplier quality system maintenance
- Support corporate quality teams to ensure products and processes comply with relevant key customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Manufacturing/Supplier Quality environment
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, presentation and analytical skills
- Six Sigma certification is preferred
- 10-15% travel, including International
- Experience working in the Electronics or Automotive industry is a plus