- The Software Engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, supporting and implementing the Client’s Member Management replacement project and any other projects assigned.
- This position will be a part of a Production Support group under the direction of Client’s technical project manager for support & maintenance of all new technology development work.
- Web-based distributed systems architecture and design: Design, develop, and implement enterprise level web-based systems, enterprise defined in terms of system scope as well as number of users. Plan for responsive user interfaces incorporating modern web 2.0 technologies (such as AJAX) and mobility needs (smartphones and tablets).
- Software engineering: Design and develop Java applications incorporating industry-standard frameworks where appropriate (such as Spring). Plan for highly available and scalable applications. Incorporate services into system design where appropriate.
- Software project lifecycle management: Effectively implement and utilize modern web-based software industry standards and best practices, use of integrated development environments, strong emphasis on unit testing and participation in complete software lifecycle from analysis and design through testing and deployment. Assist end-user and business analysts in turning business needs into incremental software development projects.
- Communication: Communicate with a broad mix of team members involved in the Information Technology System replacement projects including business users, analysts, Software Engineers, Database Architects and Administrators (DBAs), Quality Assurance Engineers (QA), systems and infrastructure staff, and support staff.
- Web Services (REST/JSON, SOAP, WSDL).
- EDI Transaction Sets (270/271, 276/277, 837).
- SQL and Stored Procedures and relational database design.
- Spring Security.
- Unix Environment/scripting.
- Familiar with GIT source control.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as JUnit, HTTP Unit, Selenium, etc.
- Familiar with build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- BPM Platforms (nice to have).
- Familiar with Atlassian Software Suite (JIRA / Confluence).
- Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience.
- Medicaid operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or field.
- Master’s degree.