Come Make the World With UsIt takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll DoThe Engineer-Drilling will support Step Drilling product development and growth initiatives in the East Longmeadow manufacturing site.In addition:
- Work on new product development projects.
- Do all the engineering activities related to new products development. Develop new product concepts, design, create prototypes, test, analyze and specify.
- Do competitors benchmark, exploratory testing, learn about the applications, analyze testing results and reach conclusions.
- Be responsible for the quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Identify critical product functionality and performance requirements.
- Propose performance improvements and cost reduction in existing products.
- Support manufacturing for sample builds, new product concepts, prototypes, and product evaluation
- Support other areas as sourcing, quality, legal, sales and MKT.
- Develop test plans and procedures.
- Build prototypes.
- Qualify new suppliers test ESL and MSL
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in Research and Development or Product Development Engineering with Manufacturing interaction and support.
- Experience in CAD/CAE. Catia or Creo preferred.
- Experience / knowledge in Product Development Process.
- Experience / knowledge in Project Management.
- Experience / knowledge in tools such as QFD / FMEA / DOE, etc.
- Experience in working with multifunctional teams.
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Grow:Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn:Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera®and online university.
- Belong:Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back:Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.